Saturday 8 February 2014

Studio time

Christmas has been and gone with all the activity, bedlam, colour and magic it brings with two little ones. I realise that I haven't posted anything on my blog since November last year, and so much has happened, especially the news that my new studio is now finished and I've moved in. It feels amazing to now have a place where I can really make work, but also a place where I feel I can sit and think or daydream too. I know how lucky I am to have such a space. After not having one I feel it all the more.  I'm beginning to make work but for a while wasn't sure where to start with so many ideas in my sketchbooks. I'm taking more of a mixed media approach than I ever have before, and it's quite tricky actually to get the image down that I have in my head, the bane of all artists I suppose! I need a lot more practice and to also give myself permission to play rather than feel I have to make serious work. Whichever way I look at it though I know I'm out of practice with making anything at all, so patience is all important right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment